CAT 2017: Common Admission Test (CAT 2017) is a national level examination for selecting students for business management courses. CAT 2017 is organised by IIM every year to provide admission to deserving candidates in best management institutions including Indian Institute of Management (IIM). The CAT 2017 Application Form will be available soon on the official website of CAT 2017 and the aspirants can fill the form according to the given instructions.
On this webpage we have given below the important information regarding CAT 2017 like CAT 2017 Application Form, CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria, CAT 2017 Important Dates, CAT 2017 Reservation of Seats, CAT 2017 Application Fee, CAT 2017 Exam Pattern, CAT 2017 Exam Syllabus and How to Apply for CAT 2017. The official website of CAT 2017 where candidates can apply for the form is iimcat.ac.in.
CAT 2017 Application Form
Application Form for CAT 2017 will be available on the official website in the month of August 2017. CAT 2017 is considered as very tough national level exam thus the aspirants have to get thorough preparation for the exam. Here are some details of the examination:
Name of the exam: CAT (Common Entrance Test)
Conducting body: IIM (Indian Institute of Management)
Exam type: National Level
Purpose: Entrance Exam for Post Graduation Programs for Management Courses (MBA)
Official website: iimcat.ac.in
IIMs are considered India’s premier national institutes providing quality education in management and research. IIMs primarily offer post graduate, doctoral and executive education programmes. The flagship programme of IIM, is the two year post graduate diploma (PGDM) popularly known as Master of Business Administration (MBA). The Indian Institutes of Management are public establishments with autonomous control over its day to today operations and curriculum. Today, there are 20 IIMs as public autonomous institutes in India.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for CAT 2017 is given below, one must have to fulfill the criteria for sake of getting able for test:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons With Disability (PWD) categories] from a recognized institution.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2017 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
CAT 2017 Reservation of Seats
As per the legal requirements, seats are reserved as follows:
For Scheduled Caste (SC) candidates – 15% seats
For Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates – 7.5% seats
For Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non-creamy” layer (NC-OBC) – 27% seats.
CAT 2017 Important Dates
The important dates for CAT 2017 is given below:
|Release of Advertisement||31st July 2017|
|Online Registration for CAT||08th August 2017, 10:00 AM to 27th September 2017, 05:00 PM|
|Admit Card Download Window||24th October 2017, 1:00 PM till Exam Day|
|Test Date||04th December 2017|
|Release of Results||2nd week of January 2018 (Tentative)|
CAT 2017 Application Fee
The CAT 2017 Application Fee is like this:
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
Mode of CAT 2017 exam will be online (computer based) and the duration of examination will be for 3 hours (180 minutes). The total questions to be asked will be 100 following the below given pattern:
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 minutes|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 minues|
There will +4 marks for each correct answer while -1 for each incorrect answer.
CAT 2017 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for CAT 2017 is given below:
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension|
|· Caselets· Tables
· Bar Graphs
· Column Graphs
· Line Charts
· Venn Diagrams
· Pie Chart
· The combination of two or more types linked to each other.
· Number and Letter Series
· Venn Diagrams
· Binary Logic
· Seating Arrangement
· Logical Matching
· Logical Sequence
· Logical Connectives
· Blood Relations
|· Number Systems· LCM and HCF
· Profit,Loss, and Discount
· Speed, Time and Distance
· Time and Work
· Simple and Compound Interest
· Ratio and Proportion
· Quadratic Equations
· Linear Equations
· Complex Numbers
· Binomial Theorem
· Sequences and Series
· Surds and Indices
· Permutation and Combination
· Set Theory
· Mixtures and Alligations
· Coordinate Geometry
|· Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)· English Usage or Grammar
· Sentence Correction
· Fill in the blanks
· Jumbled Paragraph
· Close Passage
· Analogies or Reverse Analogies
· Meaning-Usage Match
· Verbal Reasoning
· Summary Questions
· Reading Comprehension
How to Apply
The interested and eligible candidates can apply for the CAT 2017 through the official website and by following these simple steps:
- Step I: Go to the official website of CAT 2017 which is iimcat.ac.in.
- Step II: Read the given instructions very carefully.
- Step III: Click on the link for CAT 2017 Application Form.
- Step IV: Fill the basic details of yours.
- Step V: Upload the scanned signature and photograph.
- Step VI: Very carefully make the payment.
- Step VII: Save the Confirmation Page for future use.